Thursday, December 29, 2011

Reseting photo filename in IOS5

After factory restore my iPhone 4 to IOS 5.0.1. For most people will restore earlier backup from IOS 4 to newly upgrade. But I find this way somehow "dirty" my newly installed OS.

So I decided to setup my iPhone 4 as new. One thing troubling me is the file number for photos will be start from IMG_0001.jpg. Which I hated because it will have the same filename from picture taken earlier.

To continue counting from last picture took, there is a tweak without needing to JB the phone. These are the steps you should follow.

1) Download ifunbox (plz google) and run it.
2) You need itunes installed in order for ifunbox to work
3) At your PHONE. Delete all photos in Photo app.
4) Go to Raw File System -> DCIM. Inside should have 100APPLE folder. Remove all folder with xxxAPPLE. So DCIM folder is empty.
5) Copy Raw File System -> PhotoData -> MISC -> DCIM_APPLE.plist to desktop.
6) Open DCIM_APPLE.plist with notepad.exe
7) you will see this




8) Change last 3rd line 1301 with the number you want to resume. Eg 2000. So it will start with 2001.jpg.
9) Save and copy back to the phone with ifunbox.
10) Restarts the phone.

It should create a new folder name 100APPLE in DCIM folder after restarts. Snap a photo and it will give you filename you set earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment