Friday, December 6, 2013

Enable Remote Disc (Drive Sharing) On Any Mac



I was checking out on a friend's macmini, found an interesting feature on it. It has a remote disk in device section on left side of finder window. And my MacBookPro doesn't has. So I did a search on google on how to hack it to display on my MBP too. And I found this blog how to tweak it to display on my MBP.

http://www.mactricksandtips.com/2009/09/enable-remote-disc-drive-sharing-on-any-mac.html

Why not all mac just display the remote disc on the finder window? Reason is simple, because my MBP has a super drive built in. Apple really hide unnecessary stuff from user to avoid confusion. But since this feature is built in, why not just leave it there. Users may need it just in case the built in drive broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment